Skip to Content

Post treatment moral support

Posted by MommyJD @mommyjd, Jan 10, 2018

Stage 4 throat cancer survivor.,. 2 years post treatment. Here for morale support!

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Head and Neck Cancers group.

Hey just looking for some moral support. I had childhood cancer when I was two and I am experienceing some health anxiety. 26 years in remission trying each day.

Hello and hope tomorrow is a better day. My son has ALL and I know that some days are better than some. If you are close and need some home cooked food, just drop in.

I had right tonsil carcinoma and spread to lymph under jaw and multiple tumours on right side of neck and larynx..?. Had chemo.. very weak and sick and an operation inside (robotic) and outside, large scar down right side of neck
Could not eat for 6-8 weeks, Ensure and Boost and some oatmeal, then slowly was able Voice still not quite right but finally sounds somewhat like before ( they took out some of back of my tongue . Last chemo was last end of Julyand operation in mid August last ( Montreal, Canada) … I’m doing ok. I try and walk about 45-1 hour a day but needs days off as I still have a lot of muscle fatigue?.. and some days just plain sickish.. it’s like 10 months and still feel yucky (shitty) sometimes! Before I was pretty fit so it’s frustrating that I’m not bouncing back but I know my body has been through A Lot…. Anyone else going through this too? ( just turned 64 girl) wow who would’ve known?…..

Hi
I had a similar experience. In my case I have cancer on my tongue which was removed with sentinel biopsy and was fine till 20120 when ithe cancer came back in the same place. This time it was again removed with sentinel biopsy but was not successful so I chose to go for open neck surgery. I have a big scar round my neck I can eat most of the food but struggles with chewing some food due to 3/4 of my tongue is removed. My speech is improving and hope to improve further.
I have learned one thing that is to keep positive attitude and do lot of walking
Prior to second surgery I used to walk four miles a day , swim, go to gym but can’t do much other than walking at the moment. I am hoping to get back soon. I firmly believe that exercise is the best solution for lot of illnesses especially when I have defective genes
I wish you best of luck

@ixa

Hi
I had a similar experience. In my case I have cancer on my tongue which was removed with sentinel biopsy and was fine till 20120 when ithe cancer came back in the same place. This time it was again removed with sentinel biopsy but was not successful so I chose to go for open neck surgery. I have a big scar round my neck I can eat most of the food but struggles with chewing some food due to 3/4 of my tongue is removed. My speech is improving and hope to improve further.
I have learned one thing that is to keep positive attitude and do lot of walking
Prior to second surgery I used to walk four miles a day , swim, go to gym but can’t do much other than walking at the moment. I am hoping to get back soon. I firmly believe that exercise is the best solution for lot of illnesses especially when I have defective genes
I wish you best of luck

Jump to this post

Thanks for your input, I’m hoping it doesn’t come back!.. I think there are days that I have late chemo affects as I can hardly move… I love walking but can’t do near what I could do before… I keep at it though when possible. You sound like a fighter like me … good luck to you too!!! Let’s keep
POSITIVE!

@oula

Thanks for your input, I’m hoping it doesn’t come back!.. I think there are days that I have late chemo affects as I can hardly move… I love walking but can’t do near what I could do before… I keep at it though when possible. You sound like a fighter like me … good luck to you too!!! Let’s keep
POSITIVE!

Jump to this post

I forgot to mention that I have had no chemo so I can not connect on it and it is important to have a very strong will power
Best wishes

@ixa

I forgot to mention that I have had no chemo so I can not connect on it and it is important to have a very strong will power
Best wishes

Jump to this post

They, the drs, surgeons and oncologist, were experimenting with me and gave me 3 heavy duty rounds of chemo then the double surgery… I have strong will and I’m manifesting that it NEVER comes back, that I grow old and happy and healthy!
Thanks. Best wishes to you too and everyone who gets cancer! ♥️

@oula

POSITIVE!

Jump to this post

Thank you

Please sign in or register to post a reply.