Skip to Content

I found another lump-HPV strikes again

Posted by beakmom @beakmom, Apr 24, 2018

After finishing treatment for the squamous cell carcinoma on the left side of my neck, I have now discovered a new lump on the right side of my neck. Could this just be a reaction to the treatment? Or something?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Head and Neck Cancers group.

I was about to say the same thing as Esther did about your sense of humor! Of course, NOT having that sense of humor would only make matters worse, so good for you! And, ya know, hijabs can be quite attractive! But seriously, please keep us posted...

I had my stitches removed yesterday. Now it's just a matter of slathering Aqua Phor on the incision site to soften it up so that one day I may be able to move my neck normally. The pathology report: out of 21 lymph nodes removed, only one tested positive. They found squamous cell carcinoma completely enclosed in the lymph node, none outside of it. No lymphoma. I have yet to speak to my doctors, but I'm very hopeful that this means no more treatment forthcoming. Maybe I can lose the feeding tube now.

@beakmom

I had my stitches removed yesterday. Now it's just a matter of slathering Aqua Phor on the incision site to soften it up so that one day I may be able to move my neck normally. The pathology report: out of 21 lymph nodes removed, only one tested positive. They found squamous cell carcinoma completely enclosed in the lymph node, none outside of it. No lymphoma. I have yet to speak to my doctors, but I'm very hopeful that this means no more treatment forthcoming. Maybe I can lose the feeding tube now.

Jump to this post

Hope you can say goodbye & good riddance to the feeding tube.

beakmom,
Have you tried to eat anything since getting the tube?
Carol

@beakmom

Jump to this post

That is actually good news! And being hopeful feels good, for a change, doesn't it? Maybe you've reached the end of this godawful journey...now THAT would be awesome!!!!!!

Keep us posted!

Love,
Marin

@carolcowan

beakmom,
Carol

Jump to this post

Yes. I eat all my food by mouth now, and my weight seems to have stablized.

@carolcowan

beakmom,
Carol

Jump to this post

That's wonderful!--Congratulations!

@beakmom

Jump to this post

Awesome!!

They removed my feeding tube a few weeks ago, and I'm doing great (although it's too hot). I have my next ct scan next week. Kind of excited to learn the results. In the meantime, I am really enjoying my weight loss, now that I am no longer weak as a kitten. I am giddy about wearing the size I last wore as a teenager.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.