Skip to Content

Hi All, I had stage 3 oropharyngeal cancer caused by HPV 3 [...]

Posted by Greg @greg, Jul 11, 2013

Hi All, I had stage 3 oropharyngeal cancer caused by HPV 3 years ago and was treated at Dana-Farber with both radiation and chemotherapy. I have been cancer free since my treatments. I just want to assure any of you who are going through this treatment that although it may seem unbearable as you go through the final stages of treatment, that there is a definite light at the end of the tunnel whereby you will be just fine. The treatments are well worth your effort. At the end of three months after treatment, you will begin feeling good and at the end of one year after treatment, you will feel very normal. My side affects from radiation are minimal. Taste is not as good as pre-treatment and I do have some dry mouth which will not go away, but believe me these are so easy to adapt to. My message to all those going through this cancer, hang in there because it is well worth your effort!! You will feel normal again soon!

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Head and Neck Cancers group.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.