Skip to Content

Hello I'm Lori I was diagnosed with basil cell carcinoma in 2003 [...]

Posted by fighter13 @fighter13, Sep 1, 2016

Hello I'm Lori I was diagnosed with basil cell carcinoma in 2003 the first surgeon I went to just did plastic surgery I thought it was infected due to my cat scratching my nose so after the first surgery I could stick my finger into the side of my nastral I then went to another doctor which he did a biopsy first and confirmed my worst nightmare it was malignant so I seen the surgeon who did the Mohs surgery where the slice off layers while your awake finally he cut fresh healthy tissue so I thought I was cancer free for the last 13 years I was wrong in November 2015 my nose area started to swell so I went back to doctor who did an mri and found a huge tumor at the base of my forehead and top of my nose I now have advanced basil cell of the entire sinus cavity my right eye it has eaten through my skull and is now touching my brain I swore I would never take chemo well guess what I take erivedge daily the side effects are horrible headaches, nausea, aches and pains, light headedness, anxiety, fatigue, no taste, thinking hair, I feel like I'm 90 yrs old but I refuse to take this laying down I push myself everyday to do my normal routine now I just went to Doctor and I noticed what seems to be a bulging bone coming from my nose by my eye and a puffy pouch on my check below the eye that has cancer so Friday it's another Mir to see what's going on. The chemo is shrinking tumor but very slowly. Will update as soon as I get results! "I have cancer cancer don't have me" stay strong never give up!

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Head and Neck Cancers group.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.