Skip to Content

Living with Stage IV HNC Cancer

Posted by Mick @voodude, Sep 1, 2016

Diagnosed Sept 2015, (H&NC stageIV,) Surgery October '15, then Rads and Chemo. G-tube, (esophageal-stricture,) removed in May '16. Still have daily pain, nausea, dysphagia, and some memory problems. I'm glad that I went through all of it, because I lived to hold my newborn granddaughter.
I'm starting notice neck masses, again. At this point, I haven't mentioned to my doctors. Wouldn't do treatment ever again. So, why bring it up, until I have to.
My problem is this: I have an MD-exam, per SSDI. I probably have to bring this up, don't I?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Head and Neck Cancers group.

Yes, but you can refuse treatment if that is what you want to do. One does not have to follow the other. You just need to be aware of the implications. Still, whether or not you do more treatment is your choice, not the choice of anyone else. Best of luck.

Meant to say Diagnosed Sep. 2014, Surg 2014...

I say mention it. Its a personal choice to choose what you want to do after you are armed with the info. The longer you wait, the harder I feel it will be for you and your family. God bless you.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.